I run a 5k every evening, 7 days a week. If there is one thing I’ve noticed, good running shoes make a big difference. Having the right footwear increases performance and improves your form. When your feet are comfortable too, that only multiplies the benefits.
Below are some of the best running shoes for men. For all of the runners reading this, consider it an investment into your health and hobby. They were selected based on their high quality material, fabric, and performance enhancing traits.
Best Running Shoes for Men
NIKE Men’s Free RN Distance Running Shoe.
- Mesh upper and rubber sole.
- Air pockets in forefoot create responsive cushioning, awesome for distance running.
- Midsole foam cushion for soft steps.
- Phylon wedge in heel to protect back of foot.
Adidas Energy Cloud.
- Textile and synthetic materials for lightweight build.
- Comfortble and breathable mesh lining.
- Air mesh upper with snug fit.
PUMA Men’s Tsugi Netfit Sneaker.
- Textile and synthetic materials for a lightweight structure.
- Flexible rubber sole.
- Very fashionable look running shoe.
- Shock absorbers and BioMoGo cushioning give you a springy step and amazing comfort.
- Breathable mesh construction.
- Moisture wicking lining.
- Great for running or any kind of workout.
- Waterproof and breathable construction.
- Gore-Tex membrane makes you excel in all weather conditions.
- Rubber toe cap for added protection.
- Compression molded EVA insole for support.
- Special GEL cushioning adds comofrt while absorbing shock as you run.
- Lightweight and fitted with Guidance Line technology for natural movement.
- Stretch mesh material forms to your foot for a perfect fit.
- Guranteed to turn some heads with its great appearance.
- Using Nike Air technology which took 7 years to develop, providing maximum comfort, flexibility and performance.
- Flywire material gives you a custom fit and the lug sole will stop you from slipping.
- Flywire cables lock your foot in perfectly.
- Zoom Air cushioning for a nice bounce and comfortable step.
- Lightweight mesh shoe you’ll love for all forms of exercise.
- Tech infused running shoes crafted with Reebok’s signature Ultraknit sock upper.
- Keeps your feet fully cushioned.
- Four channel lacing for amazing comfort and fitting.
- Floatride foam sole absorbs every step you take.
Under Armour Men’s Micro G Assert 6.
- Mix of textile and synthetic materials for a lightweight build.
- Light supportive foam and soft mesh.
- Durable leather overlay for durability.
- EVA sockliner to keep your feet snug.
What to Look For in Running Shoes
When you’re investing into a new pair of running shoes, there’s a few areas you need to pay attention to. These include:
- The fabric: I know when I run, the last thing I’d want is a clunky, heavy shoe. Look for lightweight materials like the knitted ones or mesh. This also helps with breathability.
- Cushioning: Running long distances can be tough on the feet. That’s why you should look for some form of cushioning system, whether it’s foam or a brand-specific technology.
- The sole: They should be soft and mold to your feet with a degree of flexiblity.
- Snug fitting: Loose shoes can be a hazard when running. Opt for footwear that has a snug fit to avoid this while improving blood flow to your feet.
- Lining: Comfortable lining will make running more enjoyable since your feet won’t be irritated.
- Versatility: Are you going to be doing other things with these shoes like working in them or taking them to the gym? Consider how new shoes will play a role in your day to day activities to make a better choice.