If you are a fan of wine then you probably have a nice collection of bottles building up. To keep them all organized and at the proper temperature for serving, you need a suitable wine fridge. Most of them are made to fit conveniently in your kitchen so they won’t take up much space either. If you are a true wine connoisseur, this is a very worthwhile investment.
A Brief History Lesson on Wine
The earliest evidence of wine dates back to 7000 BC in China, 6000 BC in Georgia, 5000 BC in Iran, 4500 BC in Greece and 4000 BC in Sicily. The oldest winery used for production was discovered to be in Armenia during 4000 BC. People all around the world have been enjoying wine for thousands of years and it’s been considered religious since its discovery.
It is believed that early humans would climb trees to collect grapes and berries then leave them in some form of container. Over time the juice would accumulate and ferment, creating a mild, low alcohol wine that could be drank. Onwards to the 15th century, wine production and consumption saw a large increase especially in Europe.
Argentina, California and Chile wines started to become very popular in North America as they provide plenty of varietals and proprietary blends. They are mainly based off what is known as Old World grape varieties which refers to the wines made in Europe. Zinfandel from California(Originally Croatia and Italy) or Argentina’s Malec(Originally France) are both good examples of this.
With some history knowledge under your belt, lets get into the best wine fridges that will make a great addition to your home.
Best Wine Fridges
AKDY 21 Bottle Dual Zone Thermoelectric Freestanding Wine Cooler.
When you have a wine fridge, you want it to be quiet and not constantly vibrating like some do. The AKDY 21 features thermoelectric cooling meaning the fridge will always run silent. Not only is this pleasant for your ears but also avoids disturbing any bottle sediment. You get the benefit of dual zone temperature controls which allow a range of 50°F – 66°F depending on exactly what you need. The 7 wooden shelves can all be pulled out for easy access to bottles and storage. The double paned window glass is sturdy and gives you a perfect view of your collection.
- LED display with electronic temperature touchpad.
- Adjustable temperature controls.
- Thermoelectric cooling system.
- Doesn’t take a lot of energy and boasts advanced heat dissipation.
Firebird New Thermoelectric Quiet Operation Wine Cooler.
If you enjoy a modern and sleek aesthetic then the Firebird wine fridge will be right up your alley. It has a compact size that fits up to 12 of your favorite bottles and sits quietly where ever you place it.
- Control the temperature from an electronic touchpad and LED screen.
- Perfect environment for your wine.
- Unique thermoelectric cooling.
- Low energy consumption.
Kalamera 15” Wine Cooler.
For the medium sized collection, the Kalamera wine cooler can fit up to 30 750ml bottles. It will keep your wine perfectly chilled through its single zone system on top of this. Don’t worry about any sediment being disturbed either because it features a low vibration noise compressor purposely implemented to keep your wine bottles untouched. Wine will never taster better than when you take it out of this beautiful fridge. If power is ever lost, the built-in memory function will readjust the temperature back to the original level it was before.
- Holds up to 30 750ml bottles on gorgeous beech wood shelves.
- Durable stainless steel frame with dual layer tempered glass reduces fogging and improves temperature.
- Smart memory function.
- LED control display allows you to easily change the temperature as you please.
Westinghouse Thermal Electric 12 Bottle Wine Cellar.
Do you have a small amount of floor space and about a dozen bottles of wine you would like to organize? If so the Westinghouse wine cellar is made for you. With space up to 12 bottles in a sleek design, it offers ideal lighting and temperature conditions to keep your wine in pristine condition. With ultra quiet thermal electric cooling, you can adjust the environment from 54 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fits up to 12 of your favorite bottles.
- Interior lighting for easy viewing along with a tinted glass door.
- Door hinge and handle hidden to make a sleek appearance.
Koldfront 18 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler.
A nice middle ground that stores up to 18 bottles for various types of wine. With two temperature zones, you can keep a nice variety cooled to enjoy what ever you like. Thermoelectric cooling means your wine will always taste as good as it’s intended to be.
- Dual zone cooling with an LCD display.
- Features a tempered glass door, safety lock, and swinging door.
- Ranges from 54° to 66°F on top and 46° to 66°F on the bottom.
Kalamera 24” Wine refrigerator.
For the gentlemen with bigger collections, this is ideal. With even cooling in a dual zone environment, you can store up to an impressive 46 bottles. Don’t worry about any noise either, the compressor is silent as a mouse and features very low vibration. Natural beech wood shelving gives every bottles its own little space to relax in.
- Sleek stainless steel in black that was designed to improve the look of an kitchen or home bar.
- Temperature memory function sets it back to original levels if power is ever lost.
- Holds up to 46 bottles.
- Dual zone control with the upper ranging from 40-50°F and lower ranging from 50-66°F.
Phiestina 33 Bottle Wine Cooler.
If you’re into wine culture then we’re sure you know that red and white wines have to be treated differently. When you have a wide variety of a collection this can cause problems because they need to be tended to in a different manner. The Phiestina wine cooler solves this issue by offering a dual zone cooling system that stores up to 33 bottles. You can enjoy both red and white wines while keeping them frosty in a beautiful, modern fridge.
- Holds up to 33 750ml bottles.
- With the compressor cooling system, no extra noise is made to disturb you.
- Upper zone can be set from 40-50°F and the lower zone can be set from 50-66°F.
- The wire shelves are removable and the blue LED lighting helps save energy.