One of the best investments you can make for this fall and winter is a quality pair of boots. They offer the best mix between style, durability, and warmth that the cold weather will stand no chance against. If you’re a gentleman that values fashion and function, then you’ll find this list of the best mens winter boots very useful. Lets first get into the different boot designs and what makes them unique.
Types of Mens Boots
Just like all footwear, boots come in multiple shapes, designs, colours, and materials. They all boast a unique aesthetic and use that gives us a healthy variety to choose from depending on our needs. The following are the kinds of boots every man needs to become familiar with:
The most versatile boot is the classic dress boot. It is a timeless men’s footwear that can be worn formally or casually with ease. Brown is the most optimal colour to get these in as you will be able to match it with any outfit. Black or burgundy/oxblood are the next best colour choices. This style of boot was popular during the Victorian era as a formal or evening footwear. Over time it became a more commonly worn boot that could be sported during the day or for casual activities. They are constructed similar to your average dress shoe with the upper covering the back of the ankle hence the name. You will also be able to find them in wingtip and brogue styles if you prefer an extra little flare. Try sporting it with jeans and your favourite blazer for a masculine and classic look.
The most fashion-forward boot is the chelsea boot. These became popular after The Beatles started to wear them as their signature footwear. The upper is typically composed of a single or two pieces of leather and features an elastic side which makes them easy to get on and off. Chelsea boots are often sported in suede but requires a tad more maintenance to keep them looking their best. During the fall and winter where snow and rain is common it’s best to stick to a quality leather like calfskin. For one, it ages with time and secondly it is much more durable than suede.
A great medium between style and class is the chukka boot. This were originally believed to be worn by polo players in India and then later brought back to America. They are characterized by being ankle-high and featuring 2 to 3 lace eyelets. Similar to chelsea boots, you’ll commonly come across chukka boots in leather or suede variations. These can be worn with jeans and a sweater or even with a suit since they have a formal nature to them as well. Now that you know a bit about the different kinds of boots, lets get into the best ones for this winter!
Best Mens Winter Boots
- Handmade plain toe chukka boots for men.
- Bordeaux & brown hand painted calfskin upper.
- Antique burnished leather sole.
- Comfortable and contrasting bordeaux leather lining and inner sole.
- The laces are wrapped in leather.
- Made to order product which makes your pair unique.
Reworked with a classic smooth leather upper and rounded toe cap, this boot has a classy and designer appearance. finished with a Goodyear welt to increase its longevity and bronze eyelets, it features stunning details. The British made Daintite rubber sole ensures a practical and functional boot that will have you coasting through the fall and winter.
- Leather upper.
- Rounded toe.
- Goodyear Welt.
- Unique Dainite rubber sole that’s very durable.
- Bronze eyelets.
- Handmade in England.
- Made of high quality leather.
- Durable rubber sole.
- Partially lined with leather.
- A rubber outsole offers extra grip.
- 100% leather.
- Sturdy rubber sole makes it excellent for fall and winter.
- TECHNI-COLE infused lining with a comfort gel pod will keep you walking and feeling great all day..
- Unique technology from Kenneth Cole will keep your body temperature around 37.5°C.
- Billions of active particles attract moisture vapor away before sweat can form, so your foot stays dry and cool.
Calvin Klein Men’s Darsey Box Boot.
- Rubber sole.
- A style that can be worn formally as well as casually.
- Downturned seam with cap toe.
- The vamp is lace-up and has an instep zipper.
Clarks Men’s Montacute Lord Boot.
- High quality leather that looks fantastic in several colours.
- Rubber sole and lugged outsole.
- Features a great wingtip style with burnished medallion toe.
In a beautiful silhouette, these modern and youthful boots will improve your fall/winter style instantly. Made by Zespa in Souther France, these are luxury suede chelsea boots built to last with a minimalist design.
- High quality suede upper.
- Elastic gussets for easy wearing.
- Leather insole to keep your feet comfortable all day.
- Heel pulltab to get on and off quickly.