T- shirts are a staple in just about every person’s wardrobe. Simple t-shirts can be worn to dress down blazers, cardigans and other formal attire. Graphic t-shirts on the other hand are much more casual and can be paired with simple jeans or shorts.
Just like any area of fashion, there are trends to keep up on to look your best. Today, custom t-shirt trends range from throwbacks, vintage looks, TV or movie inspired designs to inspirational messages and more. Here are some other trends you may notice:
- Messages and Slogans: You may expect to see shirts with slogans including everything from fun phrases to puns and rebellious messages.
- Animal and Jungle Designs: In addition to wildlife and animal protection organizations, jungle-inspired designs will be popular. Popular options are darker images of animal prints and images along of tropical plants.
- Digital Collages: This popular trend pairs photos, illustrations and textures together to create puzzles of cool images. Often animals and cultural icons are used as the key centerpiece.
- Globally-inspired: African, Japanese and Middle Eastern images are showing up with bold colors and showcasing images of elephants, tigers and other cultural icons.
- Destination: Nostalgic postcards or travel images in sepia tones with vintage quality are becoming popular again. Especially those showcasing well-known geographic areas and monuments.
- Political messages: Political messages are always popular, and change based on the political climate.
- Sports teams and events: Whether you’re celebrating the Olympics, the Super Bowl, Nascar or just want to celebrate your favorite sports teams, sports shirts are some of the most popular shirts. No matter what sports event you enjoy, you can find a shirt for all of them.
- Pop culture: Movies, music and pop icons are always popular topics printed onto shirts. Favorites include Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, The Beatles, Jurassic Park, Star Wars and ET. These images are ingrained in our memory so it makes sense that they’re getting attention.
- Humorous: Everyone likes a phrase or visual that makes them smile, this is one reason why humorous images continue to lead the way when it comes to popular designs for tees.
Do You Have Something to Say?
Designing your own custom t-shirts is a great way to communicate your own thoughts and images and to elevate awareness for your business or campaign. Reportedly, original shirt designs in the U.S. generate over $367 million annually.
There are a number of brands that enable you to design your own shirt. Some of the best companies that enable you to create your own designs are Idakoos, Cafepress and Zazzle.
Here are some tips if you want to design your own custom t-shirt:
1. Identify the best source for your custom t-shirt. We recommend that you check out Idakoos.
2. Find your favorite photo, message or image for the shirt.
3. Choose the style of the shirt and the sizes needed.
4. When designing your shirt online, you can use the custom design tool, which will walk you through the process.
5. Ask for help if you need it. All custom t-shirt manufacturers have a helpline, so if you have questions about your design or messages, let a professional guide you.
Let your creative juices flow and start designing your own custom t-shirts for your family and friends or to promote your business.
Thank you to Edward Montalvo for this wonderful guest post. Want to write for us? Check out our guest post guidelines and contact us with your pitch.